Minimum Data Set Information
The below documents required Adobe Reader® software to view a document.
MDS 3.0 Information
Coding Questions, Upcoming Education
- Shirley L. Boltz RN, , State RAI Coordinator/Education Coordinator
- Validation Reports and Transmission: MS 785-228-6770
- MDS Corner in quarterly (January, April, July, October) Sunflower Connection
RAI Education Workshops
The Basics - MDS 3.0, CAA, Care Planning
The class is for New MDS Coordinators and other staff who have limited knowledge of the MDS 3.0. Updates are incorporated in the presentations.
The RAI manual can be found at:
Attendees will benefit most from the webinars if they read Chapters 2, 3, and 4 prior.
To enroll in these webinar training sessions, please click on the Register On-line for Session link below to open the on-line registration form. For questions regarding the webinar sessions, contact Tina Lewis via e-mail at Tina.Lewis@kdads.ks.gov. Each webinar session is limited to 25 registrants.
- Training not scheduled at this time.
CMS Open Door SNF Forums Registration and Minutes
CMS Link of SNF, PPS and RUGS Education
- August thru November 2011, EOT, EOT-R, SOT, COT Audio Conferences and Clarifications
CMS Medicare Links
- General billing training
- Publication #100-02: Medicare Benefit Policy Manual
- Publication # 104-04:Medicare Claims Processing Manual
CMS Links for MDS 3.0 Login ID, Manuals, Education
- QIES Technical Support Office - www.qtso.com/
- MDS Personal Login ID Maintenance Forms
- Individual User ID's are required for submission of the MDS and to access the Certification and Survey Provider Enhanced Reports (CASPER). User's Guide available at www.qtso.com/download/mds/QUMA_Users_Guide.pdf
- MDS 3.0 - www.qtso.com/mds30.html
- MDS 3.0 User's Manual
- MDS 3.0 Technical Information
- MDS 3.0 Training Material
- You tube videos on Sections of the MDS 3.0
- MDS 3.0 Resources and Information
- MDS 3.0 Submission HELPFUL HINTSť - Overview of steps to submit the MDS 3.0 file; verify the file's submission status, and to obtain a Final Validation Report
- MDS Scheduling Calendar
- jRAVEN MDS 3.0 Software and Guide
- Manual's and User's Guides
- MDS 3.0 Provider User's Guide
- Instructions for submitting assessments to the QIES ASAP system. Detailed list of error messages and troubleshooting tips are in Section 5.
- CASPER Reporting User's Guide for MDS Providers
- Instructions for accessing reports from the Certification and Survey Provider Enhanced Reports (CASPER) reporting application. Reports include final validation, errors and resident roster, missing assessment, and other reports to assist in monitoring the MDS 3.0 submissions.
MDS 3.0 Resource Information
- KDADS Position Paper - Completion of the MDS 3.0 and CAA's - July, 2014
- CARE Level II Program - Resident Review Information in regards to MDS 3.0 - 10/19/2010
- Community Transition Opportunities (CTO) Information - KDADS's Solution to MDS 3.0, Section Q