Minimum Data Set Information
The below documents required Adobe Reader® software to view a document.
MDS 3.0 Information
Coding Questions, Upcoming Education
- Vera VanBruggen, RN BA, State RAI Coordinator
- Validation Reports and Transmission: MS 785-228-6770
- MDS Corner in quarterly (January, April, July, October) SF Connection
RAI Education Workshops
The Basics - MDS 3.0, CAA, Care Planning (The class is for New MDS Coordinators and other staff who have limited knowledge of the MDS 3.0. Updates are incorporated in the presentations.)
Attendees must bring a current RAI User's Manual 3.0.
Attendees will benefit most from the workshop if they read Chapter 2, 3, and 4 prior to the workshop.
To enroll in these training sessions, please click on the Register On-line for Session link to open the on-line registration form. For questions regarding the training sessions, use the e-mail link to contact the person listed.
|DATES||LOCATION||REGISTRATION DEADLINE||CONTACT FOR TRAINING QUESTIONS||REGISTER FOR SESSION|
|September 6 - 7, 2013 - 8:30am to 4:30pm||DCF Learning Center
2600 SW East Circle Drive South
2nd & MacVicar
|August 25, 2013||Tina.Lewis@kdads.ks.gov||Registration has Ended|
MDS 3.0 Listserv
- Introduction to MDS 3.0 Listserv
- MDS Mailing Listing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- KDOA MDS Information ListServ
CMS Open Door SNF Forums Registration and Minutes
CMS Link of SNF, PPS and RUGS Education
- August thru November 2011, EOT, EOT-R, SOT, COT Audio Conferences and Clarifications
CMS Medicare Links
- General billing training
- Publication #100-02: Medicare Benefit Policy Manual
- Publication # 104-04:Medicare Claims Processing Manual
CMS Links for MDS 3.0 Login ID, Manuals, Education
- QIES Technical Support Office - www.qtso.com/
- MDS Personal Login ID Maintenance Forms
- Individual User ID's are required for submission of the MDS and to access the Certification and Survey Provider Enhanced Reports (CASPER). User's Guide available at www.qtso.com/download/mds/QUMA_Users_Guide.pdf
- MDS 3.0 - www.qtso.com/mds30.html
- MDS 3.0 User's Manual
- MDS 3.0 Technical Information
- MDS 3.0 Training Material
- You tube videos on Sections of the MDS 3.0
- MDS 3.0 Resources and Information
- MDS 3.0 Submission HELPFUL HINTSť - Overview of steps to submit the MDS 3.0 file; verify the file's submission status, and to obtain a Final Validation Report
- MDS Scheduling Calendar
- jRAVEN MDS 3.0 Software and Guide
- Manual's and User's Guides
- MDS 3.0 Provider User's Guide
- Instructions for submitting assessments to the QIES ASAP system. Detailed list of error messages and troubleshooting tips are in Section 5.
- CASPER Reporting User's Guide for MDS Providers
- Instructions for accessing reports from the Certification and Survey Provider Enhanced Reports (CASPER) reporting application. Reports include final validation, errors and resident roster, missing assessment, and other reports to assist in monitoring the MDS 3.0 submissions.
Medicare Contractor WPS (Wisconsin Physician Services) Helpful Links For Snf Providers
- Customer services phone numbers
- Current Communique'
- Customer services phone numbers
- Customer service addresses
- Skilled Nursing resources
- Education online and workshops
- The easiest way to keep up to date on Medicare information and other information from WPS is through their eNews. Educational offerings are posted in the weekly eNews. The sign-up is located at:
MDS 3.0 Resource Information
- KDOA Position Paper - Completion of the MDS 3.0 and CAA's - October 28, 2010
- CARE Level II Program - Resident Review Information in regards to MDS 3.0 - 10/19/2010
- Community Transition Opportunities (CTO) Information - KDOA's Solution to MDS 3.0, Section Q